|We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions.
Recognizing that our diversity is an important source of our strength, we respond to the needs of our community and expect that everyone at Massasoit respects the rights and affirms the dignity of all people. We strive to construct a safe and trustful environment where together we can engage in open dialogue.
To achieve this mission we set forth the following goals:
1. We will offer a wide range of quality, affordable associate degree, certificate, and short-term training programs to prepare our students for employment and/or transfer to baccalaureate institutions and to promote the development of critical skills. This goal will be accomplished by
- promoting the mastery of basic competencies in all programs of study;
- keeping class size small to encourage faculty and student interaction;
- generating high-quality library and learning resources;
- providing individualized academic support services tailored to meet diverse student needs;
- supplying technologically well-equipped classrooms, laboratories, facilities; and distance
- continuing to assess and improve the quality of our offerings.
2. We will continue our commitment to attracting, retaining, and supporting full and part-time faculty who are dedicated to teaching community college students by
- providing professional development to inspire enthusiasm, expand knowledge, and effect innovation;
- encouraging participation in classroom and college-wide research, professional organizations, and independent scholarship;
- furnishing human and technical resources;
- promoting professional standards and ethical practices.
3. We will create a supportive environment that encourages self-knowledge, community involvement, and global awareness by
- recruiting, supporting, and retaining staff and students from all backgrounds;
- strengthening the ability to work collaboratively;
- providing personal support, health services, and career planning;
- offering social, cultural, and athletic activities;
- fostering appreciation for the fine and applied arts;
- promoting multicultural and international activities and experiences.
4. We will assess and respond to the needs of our extended communities by
- designing programs that include partnerships with business, industry, government, health care providers, and service organizations;
- interacting with high schools, universities, and other colleges, and creating fluent transitions for students;
- projecting and targeting educational and employment opportunities and developing essential programs.
5. We will exercise managerial and fiscal responsibility by
- attracting, supporting, and retaining dedicated administrative, professional, and classified staff;
- managing our resources effectively, efficiently, and innovatively;
- pursuing additional resources to improve our programs and services;
- enhancing communications between campuses and among divisions, departments, and individuals;
- assuring accessible, safe, and well-maintained campuses.
Accepted by the Massasoit Community College Board of Trustees - September 19, 2007