(Proactive Learning Assistance Network) is a TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Program. It is a federally funded program that helps first-generation, low income and students with disabilities with demonstrated academic need to overcome class, social and cultural barriers to higher education. The goal of the program is to increase retention, graduation and transfer rates from two-year to four-year institutions of eligible students. PLAN is available to 155 Massasoit students who have applied and have been accepted each year.
To qualify students must meet at least one of the following criteria:
Each PLAN student will be assigned an academic counselor to help the student succeed in college.
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent is a four-year college graduate)
- Be within the Federal TRIO Program low-income guidelines
- Be a qualified individual with a documented disability
- Demonstrate academic need.
- The student and counselor will jointly develop an Educational Action Plan.
- PLAN students have access to intensive academic advising, personal counseling, mentoring, laptop computers, and assistance with transferring to four-year colleges.
- PLAN students benefit from personal assistance in applying for and managing financial aid, as well as the TRIO/SSS Grant Aid Scholarship to those that qualify.
- PLAN students have the opportunity to take part in special on and off-campus cultural activities, leadership and campus visits with other PLAN students.
The main office is located on the lower level of the Student Center in room SC 174. On the Canton campus, the office is located in room 114.
- Study skills
- Stress management
- Time management
- Money management
- Developing a resume
Brockton – (508) 588 9100 ext.1061 Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
Canton – 508-588-9100 ext. 2019