Massasoit Community College is a fully participating member of the Southeastern Association for Cooperation in Higher Education in Massachusetts (SACHEM), a consortium of nine institutions of higher education in Southeastern Massachusetts whose purpose is to provide extended educational opportunities through cooperative programs and projects in a variety of educational and cultural endeavors. Of particular interest to students is the opportunity to enroll in selected courses at other SACHEM institutions at no additional cost.
The schools included in this consortium are:
Bridgewater State University
Bristol Community College
Cape Cod Community College
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Massasoit Community College
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth
Wheaton College, Norton
- To qualify, a student must be enrolled as a degree student, on a full time basis, in good academic standing, at one of the SACHEM institutions.
- This benefit is offered on a space-available basis only.
- Courses available are only those offered for credit during the regular September-May academic year. Each institution reserves the right to limit or bar access to certain programs.
- Qualified students are allowed to enroll in a maximum of two courses at one time, subject to further limitation by the home or host institution. Each institution has the option to restrict cross registration (e.g. only for courses not available at the home institution, only for upperclass students, only for non-major courses, etc.)
- (a) Enrollees are not charged extra tuition and mandatory fees as long as the SACHEM course is part of the normal full-time load at the home institution.
(b) Students must have paid the equivalent of full-time tuition and fees at the home institution to qualify for waived tuition and fees at the host institution.
- The student is responsible for the following:
- Completion of the Approval Form at the home institution;
- Adherence to the procedures for cross-registration;
- Payment of laboratory, studio, or other special fees;
- Assurance that all course prerequisites have been met;
- Adherence to the academic regulations of the host institution. (The student is responsible for obtaining such regulations.)
- Each institution reserves the right to withhold permission for cross-registration if the host institution’s calendar makes it impossible for a student to complete graduation and/or course requirements by the normal date.
Students interested in cross-registration must follow these steps:
- Obtain the necessary information and forms from the Office of the Registrar of your home institution.
- Assure your eligibility by reading the regulations related to the program.
- Complete the Cross-Registration Approval Form with all required signatures.
- Register at the host institution location, bringing with you the completed Cross-Registration Approval Form.
- At the conclusion of the course(s), request that the Registrar of the host institution forward a transcript of your grade(s) to your home institution.
- Course and credit are posted as transfer work on the home institution’s transcript.